Success lies in removing all of the growth constraints facing SMEs – financial and non-financial
- Fund set-up including legal entity, governance structure, investment mandate
- Sourcing, screening and feasibility of applications
- Due diligence and development of relevant structures
- Execution of transaction
- Post-investment business support
Unlike the majority of ESD firms, Edge can provide the financing SMEs need to support their growth. Edge currently manages 3 funds and over half a billion Rands of investments for clients who want to own their ESD strategies but outsource the non-core activity of fund management.
Each ESD fund is governed by an experienced Board of Trustees, Investment Committee and specialist Fund Manager in order to ensure strategic, legal, financial and operational governance.
Industry leadership enables access to quality suppliers from a selection of sources
Edge Growth’s holistic approach to supply chain deal flow ensures that the most high-potential SMEs have access to the growth finance they need to scale their businesses.
Benefits in brief
- diversified corporate client base
- in-house database of suppliers who have been through business development
- access to suppliers within corporate supply chains
- relationships with industry bodies and other SME institutions
- experience in getting suppliers investment ready
- customised best practice methodology and approach
We have cultivated a network of over 500 key contacts from whom we regularly originate transactions in the SME space. These include corporate finance advisors, accountants, boutique private equity firms, business brokers, banks, angel investors, incubators and development finance institutions.
Benefits in brief
- immediate and ongoing access to B-BBEE points
- a flexible, tailored turnkey solution aligned to the unique needs of both investors and investee SMEs
- cost efficiencies linked to a benefit multiplier of up to 70% on every Rand spent, and a single upfront investment that counts year on year until investor funds are returned
- social impact aligned to government priorities through job creation
- targeted ROI or capital preservation on fund performance
- best practice governance structures and standards
- access to investment success stories for marketing, PR and reputational benefit
- experienced, independent fund management and business development support teams
Funding and SME support set to unlock between 60-90 jobs in mining sector.
Funding enables SME to better-service the increasingly growing demand of its clients and creates 4 more jobs in the process.
Edge screens 300 SMEs, shortlisting 30 high-potential SMEs suitable for growth support.